(Go through the following instructions until the problem is solved.)
Sometimes, when many applications are running in the background, the devices may run out of memory while opening some of our graphics; this lack of memory can lead to an unexpected crash. Try to close other running applications.
1. Double-click the HOME BUTTON on your device, so you can see the big preview of each of the apps in use. Using one finger, vertically swipe the apps that don’t need to be running in the background.
2. You can also restart your device to help the app run smoother. Press and hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of your iPhone or iPad. At the same time, press and hold down the Home button on the front of your iPhone or iPad. Keep holding down both buttons, until the screen turns off and then turns back on again, and displays the Apple logo.
3. Update to our latest version of the app. You can do it manually or by pressing Settings > iTunes & App Store. Slide the updates switch to the ‘on’ position. (IMPORTANT! Every time you update the app, your recordings will be lost, so first – back them up.)
4. Update to the latest iOS version. IMPORTANT! Back up your phone before you do it. Follow Apple’s instructions to upgrade to the latest version.
5. If you are still having problems, please try to replicate the moment when the crash happened, and reach out to us via the email provided at the top of this technical support list. Explain the problem with your device, as best as you can, and when the crash happened.
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to fix the problem, but we will try our best.